Every day we offer FREE licensed Android apps and games you’d have to buy otherwise.
This giveaway offer has expired. Codex Americana is now available on the regular basis.
From its very earliest days, the United States of America has produced a multitude of literary masterpieces. Names such as Washington Irving, James Fenimore Cooper, Edgar Allan Poe, and Nathaniel Hawthorne, still resound with readers today; the Poetry of James Russell Lowell, Walt Whitman, and Robert Frost is still as fresh as when it was first written.
In addition to the texts in question, Codex Americana also provides readers with a complete guide to the history of American literature written by Percy Boynton (late professor at the University of Chicago), arranged in chronological order with chapters on individual writers and movements. Furthermore, it provides a complete library in digital form containing at least one of the key works of every major figure discussed. Over 25 works of American literature!
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
- 'The Fall of the House of Usher' and 'The Raven' by Edgar Allan Poe
- 'Walden' and 'On the Duty of Civil Disobedience' by Henry David Thoreau
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- And many, many more!
This app will no doubt be of interest to fans of great literature and poetry, as well as students of American Studies and History.
Codex Americana is part of the Codex collection from Words & Things. Take a look at the Words & Things website for other apps in the collection, as well as our exciting range of gifts and apparel, especially designed for people who love reading.
Words & Things
Books & Reference
2.1 and up